As an RV service and repair technician, you understand the importance of having well-designed and functional RV access doors. They not only enhance the convenience of accessing items in these areas but also contribute to the safety and security of the vehicle.
Here are five key factors when selecting interior and exterior RV access doors.
1. Durability and Strength
The first consideration when choosing RV access doors is the durability and strength of the doors. Exterior RV access doors should be strong enough to withstand rain, snow, wind, and extreme temperatures. They should also resist corrosion, rust, and other forms of wear and tear.
One product that can meet the requirements for an exterior RV access door is the BA-PAL. It comes with robust aluminum and is 1-1/2 inches thick, making it solid and durable. The entry fits various RV sizes and shapes and has a powder-coated finish for added protection against weather conditions.
2. Seal and Weatherproofing
The second consideration is the seal and weatherproofing of the RV access doors. A tight seal will also prevent air leaks, which can reduce the energy efficiency of the RV and increase energy costs.
The BA-MX is a weatherproof exterior RV access door with a strong seal. The door has a 1-1/2-inch frame and a double seal design, which provides a tight fit and prevents water and air leaks. The door also has a textured finish, which makes it resistant to scratches and UV rays.
3. Moisture Resistance
Moisture resistance is another critical consideration when selecting RV access doors, particularly for exterior doors. The doors should be moisture-resistant to prevent water from causing internal damage. They should also withstand high humidity levels without warping or rotting.
A very economical option for interior RV access doors that do not have moisture concerns is the BA-PA-3000, which is plastic. This door is lightweight, easy to install, and affordable, making it an ideal choice for budget-conscious clients.
The fourth consideration is security. RV access doors should be designed with safety in mind to prevent theft or unauthorized access. The doors should have secure locks that are difficult to pick or break.
5. Ease of Use and Maintenance
The final consideration when selecting RV access doors is the ease of use and maintenance. The doors should be easy to open and close and not require excessive force. They should also be easy to clean and maintain, prolonging their lifespan and enhancing their functionality.
Benefits of Installing RV Access Doors
A well-designed and functional RV access door can prevent water, dust, and insects from entering the RV's interior, which can cause damage and pose health risks. A tight seal also prevents air leaks, which can reduce the energy efficiency of the RV and increase energy costs.
Moreover, RV access doors can also prevent theft or unauthorized access. These doors should fit with secure locks that are difficult to pick or break. A secure access door can provide peace of mind to RV owners, knowing that their belongings are safe and secure.
Here are some advantages of installing RV Access Doors:
- Improved Convenience: RV access doors provide easy and convenient access to compartments, baggage areas, and storage spaces, making it easier for RV owners to store and retrieve their belongings.
- Increased Safety and Security: A well-designed and functional RV access door can prevent water, dust, and insects from entering the RV's interior, which can cause damage and pose health risks. Additionally, RV access doors can prevent theft or unauthorized access, providing peace of mind for RV owners.
- Improved Energy Efficiency: A strong seal on RV access doors can prevent air leaks, reducing the RV's energy efficiency and increasing energy costs. By installing high-quality RV access doors, RV owners can reduce their energy consumption and save money on energy bills.
- Easy to Use and Maintain: RV access doors should be easy to open and close and not require excessive force. They should also be easy to clean and maintain, prolonging their lifespan and enhancing their functionality.
How to Install RV Access Doors
Installing RV access doors can be relatively straightforward, although it may require some basic carpentry or mechanical skills. Here are easy steps to guide you on installing RV access doors
- RV Access door
- Measuring tape
- Jigsaw or reciprocating saw
- Drill with drill bits
- Self-tapping screws
- Butyl tape or silicone caulk
How to install:
Step 1: Measure and mark the location for the access door
- Using a measuring tape and a pencil, keep the area on the RV where you want to install the access door. Ensure the location is clear of obstructions and will not interfere with wires or pipes.
Step 2: Cut out the opening
- Cut out the opening for the access door using a jigsaw or reciprocating saw. Use caution when cutting to avoid damaging the RV.
Step 3: Install the access door frame
- Slide the access door frame into the opening and make sure it fits snugly. Use a drill to create pilot holes, then secure the structure using self-tapping screws.
Step 4: Apply sealant
- Use butyl tape or silicone caulk to prevent water or air leaks by applying a sealant around the edges of the access door frame.
Step 5: Install the access door
- Slide the access door panel into the frame and ensure it fits properly. Use screws to secure the access door panel to the edge.
Step 6: Test the door
- Open and close the access door to ensure it is working correctly and that there are no issues with the sealant.
If you're uncomfortable with the installation process or have any questions or concerns, it may be best to seek professional help from an experienced RV service and repair technician.
Internal or External RV access doors are essential for anyone who uses a camper, trailer, or fifth wheel. They provide convenient access to compartments, baggage areas, and storage spaces, enhancing the RV's convenience and functionality.
Moreover, they play a crucial role in the safety and security of the RV -- with durability, strength, seal, and weatherproofing in mind. As an RV service and repair technician, it is essential to consider all these factors when selecting RV access doors for your clients.
Why Order from Best Access Doors?
We provide top-quality exterior and interior RV access doors for RVs, campers, trailers, and fifth wheels. Our access doors design with durability, strength, and convenience in mind, and we understand that choosing the right access doors is essential for your RV's safety, security, and functionality.
We provide a range of customization options to suit your client's specific needs. We offer different sizes, shapes, colors, and various materials and finishes to match your clients' RV style and preferences.
To request a quote or apply for credit, don't hesitate to contact us today at (888) 575-2417. We're excited to start working with you and helping you provide the best access doors for your clients' RVs.
Share our story - get our 2023 Catalog for FREE!