The BA-PFI-GYP is specially designed to be installed on fire-rated drywall-covered walls. Once a sufficient layer of drywall compound is applied to its corner bead flange, it will leave only the door panel visible for a more aesthetic look. Once the installation is complete and the provided springs are hooked to the back of the panel, this door will be self-closing and self-locking thus meeting fire certification standards. The largest fire-rated PFI-GYP doors available for vertical and horizontal installations are respectively: (48’’ x 48’’) and (24’’ x 36’’ or 864 sq inches).
BA-PFI-GYP fire rated access door specifications;
Material: 16 gauge cold rolled steel frame and 20 gauge galvanneal steel door
- Insulation: 2" mineral wool
- Hinge: Continuous piano hinge
- Lock/latch: Self-latching tool-key operated slam latch and/or ring operated slam latch, both included
- Inside panel release: Included on all slam latch fire doors
- Automatic panel closer: Standard on all doors
- Finish: DuPont high-quality white powder coat
- Packaging: Individually wrapped, 1 per box
- Fire Rating:fire-symbol.png
- For installation in vertical wall assemblies:
- Rating 1 1/2 hours. Temperature rise: 250°F (139°C) at 30 mins and 450°F (250°C) at 60 mins. Maximum door size of 48" x 48".
- Rating 3 hours. Temperature rise: 400°F at 60 mins. Maximum door size of 48" x 48".
- For installation in horizontal ceiling assemblies:
- With temperature rise: Rating 3 hours for non-combustible assembly and 1 hour for combustible assembly: Temperature rise: Max 250°F (139°C) at 30 mins, 450°F (250°C) at 60 mins. Maximum door size of 24" x 36" or 864 sq inches (see note 1)
- Without temperature rise: Rating: 3 hours for non-combustible assembly and 1 hour for combustible assembly.
- Standards listed: NFPA 252-2003, UL 10(b), UL 555, CAN/ULC S112 M90-R2001, CAN/ULC S104-10.
Lastly, we take pride in giving you a wide variety of shipping options directly to your job site. Need a custom size? We can manufacture and ship in as little as 5 days! Our world-class customer service team looks forward to discussing all your Access Door needs, today! Feel free to contact us at (800) 483-0823 or by email via email@example.com