The BA-PFI-PLY is the ideal solution for plaster-covered fire-rated walls and ceilings. Once covered with plaster, the 2 3/4’’ lath flange will disappear leaving only the door panel visible. As per UL standards, once the installation is complete and the provided springs are hooked to the back of the panel, this access door will be self-closing and self-locking. The largest fire-rated PFI-PLY access doors available for vertical and horizontal installations are respectively: (48’’ x 48’’) and (24’’ x 36’’ or 864 sq inches).
BA-PFI-PLY fire rated access door specifications;
- Material: 16 gauge cold rolled steel frame and 20 gauge galvanneal steel door
- Insulation: 2" mineral wool
- Hinge: Continuous piano hinge
- Lock/latch: Self-latching tool-key operated slam latch and/or ring operated slam latch, both included
- Inside panel release: Included on all slam latch fire doors
- Automatic panel closer: Standard on all doors
- Finish: DuPont high-quality white powder coat
- Packaging: Individually wrapped, 1 per box
- Fire Rating:
- For installation in vertical wall assemblies:
- Rating 1 1/2 hours. Temperature rise: 250°F (139°C) at 30 mins and 450°F (250°C) at 60 mins. Maximum door size of 48" x 48".
- Rating 3 hours. Temperature rise: 400°F at 60 mins. Maximum door size of 48" x 48".
- For installation in horizontal ceiling assemblies:
- With temperature rise: Rating 3 hours for non-combustible assembly and 1 hour for combustible assembly: Temperature rise: Max 250°F (139°C) at 30 mins, 450°F (250°C) at 60 mins. Maximum door size of 24" x 36" or 864 sq inches (see note 1)
- Without temperature rise: Rating: 3 hours for non-combustible assembly and 1 hour for combustible assembly.
Lastly, we take pride in giving you a wide variety of shipping options directly to your job site. Need a custom size? We can manufacture and ship in as little as 5 days! Our world-class customer service team looks forward to discussing all your Access Door needs, today! Feel free to contact us at (800) 483-0823 or by email via firstname.lastname@example.org