BA-PFI Fire-Rated Insulated Access Door with Exposed Flange
BA-PFI 48" x 48" Fire-Rated Insulated Access Door with Exposed Flange is our #1 bestselling fire-rated insulated access door recommended for installing in fire-rated walls and ceilings with a full two inches thick mineral wool thicker than most panels. It is quick and easy to install and features a one-inch flange that is ideal for easy installation on any surface. If the project code requires a fire-rated access door for your commercial building, BA-PFI is the right choice! Remember – fire-rated doors do not prevent fires, but they help to slow the spread of fire for a specified period.
- Dimensions: 48" x 48"
- Material: 16-gauge cold rolled steel frame and 20-gauge galvanneal steel door
- Insulation: 2" mineral wool
- Hinge: Continuous piano hinge
- Flange: 1”
- Lock/latch: Self-latching tool-key operated slam latch and/or ring-operated slam latch, both included.
- Inside panel release: Included on all slam latch fire doors.
- Automatic panel closer: Standard on all doors
- Finish: DuPont high-quality white powder coat
- Packaging: Individually wrapped, 1 per box
Get to Know BA-PFI
BA-PFI 48" x 48" is manufactured with a 16-gauge cold rolled steel frame and a 20-gauge galvannealed steel door with 2 inches of mineral wool for insulation. It comes equipped with a slam latch and continuous piano hinge, inside panel release, and is finished with DuPont high-quality white powder coat. Fire-rated access doors help to reduce the spread of fire for a limited period.
BA-PFI fire-rated access panel comes with a one-inch flange for a quick flush installation on any surface. It is excellent for industrial, commercial, or residential projects where a fire-rated product is needed by code.
Accurately Measured: Accurately measured for quick-and-easy installation on fire-rated walls and ceilings.
Slows the Spread of Fire: Fire-rated doors help slow down the spread of a fire for a limited time.
Contributes to LEED Credits: LEED V4 compliant - contributes to your ability to achieve LEED certification.
Highly Durable: Solid steel construction adds sturdiness and durability to your commercial building.
Why Choose BA-PFI?
Fire-code Compliant: BA-PFI is one of our most-trusted fire-rated access panels. It is specifically manufactured to add fire safety features to your building in compliance with fire safety standards. As per UL and NFPA standards, once the installation is complete and the provided springs are hooked to the back of the panel, the door will be self-closing and self-locking.
Improved Accessibility: BA-PFI provides easy access to areas behind walls or ceilings for hassle-free maintenance while safely and securely protecting building components according to code.
LEED Certified: BA-PFI can help your business progress toward LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification, which can help with tax breaks and other benefits.
Better Protection: BA-PFI protects your gas lines, electrical wiring, plumbing, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning by helping contain the fire. BA-PFI is built to withstand the heat from a fire for a certain amount of time before failing. That gives time to control and put out the fire or help people exit the building. BA-PFI has an active latch bolt that can withstand the pressure that a fire can cause. Pressure discrepancies can force non-latched doors open, allowing the fire to spread. Access doors can also have either automatic or manual latching mechanisms.
Prevention: BA-PFI helps to keep air from passing through that can feed a fire. It also helps to prevent smoke from spreading.
Maximum Size for Vertical Walls:
The maximum size for vertical walls is 48" x 48" (1219 mm x 1219 mm), the maximum area of 2304 in², and tolerance on height and width limitation is 3” (76 mm) if the area does not exceed 2304 in².
Maximum Size for Horizontal Ceilings:
The maximum size for horizontal ceilings is 24" X 36" (610 mm X 914 mm) (hinges and latches on the side of 36"), and tolerance on dimension limitations is 3” (76 mm) if the area does not exceed 864 in².
BA-PFI Fire-Rating Information:
Fire-rated access doors for VERTICAL use are subject to the following:
- Certification: UL 10B (2009), NFPA 252 (2012), CAN/ULC S104 (2010).
- Rating Achieved: 3 hours, neutral/negative pressure.
- Maximum size: 48" x 48" (1219mm x 1219mm), maximum area of 2304 in², tolerance on height and width limitation is 3” (76mm) if the area does not exceed 2304 in².
- Temperature rise: 250°F (121°C) after 30 minutes and 450°F (232°C) after 60 minutes.
Fire-rated access doors for HORIZONTAL use are subject to the following:
- Certification: ASTM E119 (2012), CAN/ULC S101 (2007)
- Rating Achieved 3 hours in non-combustible construction and 1 hour in combustible construction.
- Maximum size: 24"X36" (610 mm X 914 mm) (hinges and latches on the side of 36"), tolerance on dimension limitations is 3” (76 mm) if the area does not exceed 864 in².
- Temperature rise: Within allowable per ASTM E119 and CAN/ULC S101
An access door that might be good for 60 minutes mounted on flammable wooden studs could be good for three hours on a non-flammable enclosure. The latter takes more time and financial investment but provides better safety and security in a severe fire event.
LEED V4 COMPLIANCE
LEED-NC New Construction & Major Renovations
LEED for Schools
LEED-CI Commercial Interiors
For more information relevant to BA-PFI, please see the following articles:
- Closer Look at the Key Differences Between BA-PFI's Models
- Fire-Rated Access Doors STOP Fires?
- the Benefits of Installing BA-PFI
- Fire-Rated Access Door: Your 5 Questions Answered
Choose the size you need. Our world-class customer service team looks forward to discussing your access product needs! Feel free to contact us at 1-800-483-0823.
To learn more about the faces behind the Best Access Door name, check out our About Us page for all the details!